Call for participation
- January 11, 2013: submission due
- February 8, 2013: participants notified
- April 28, 2013: workshop
This workshop, Avec le temps, focuses on exploring the underlying tacit assumptions behind the use of time in human computer interaction and design. The focal themes for this workshop are: (1) examination of people’s conceptions of time in general and vis a vis various topics (e.g. career, fashion, sustainability); (2) exploration of representations of time in systems; (3) the design of time-oriented interactive systems that support long term reflection, action and behavior change (e.g., as it applies to activities and phenomena like careers, fashion, and sustainability). We hope to bring together a diverse group of HCI researchers and practitioners with a wide variety of backgrounds who share an interest in the concept of time.
We encourage submissions of short position papers (4 pages, extended format). Some potentially relevant topics for submissions include:
- Understanding time in interaction.
- Design of interactions with time-oriented data and temporal streams.
- Design of tools for notification and time management.
- Supporting reflection on time-based data (e.g., the quantified self) and behavior change (e.g, for sustainability).
- How time has been treated historically in science generally and HCI specifically.
Please email submissions and questions to: email@example.com Submissions will be reviewed by the organizers, and 15-25 may be accepted. Accepted submissions will be placed on the workshop website, along with links to relevant literature. At least one author of each accepted position paper must attend the workshop and all participants must register for the workshop and for at least one day of the conference.
Potential attendees may find these links of interest: